The Geneva International Motor Show Announces the First Speakers
The Geneva International Motor Show (GIMS) today announced the first speakers confirmed to present in the prestigious GIMS VIP Day program taking place on Wednesday, 4 March 2020. C-level executives from Automobili Pininfarina, Extreme E, NIO, Rimac Automobili and Waymo are set to take the stage in Geneva, alongside stars from the world of motorsport including 2016 Formula One World Champion Nico Rosberg, two-time Formula E World Champion Jean-Éric Vergne and Formula E drivers Sébastien Buemi, Simona De Silvestro, Neel Jani and Nico Müller.
The exclusive, one-day program, which span all halls of the GIMS, is set to attract more than 30,000 VIP-level attendees including CEOs and senior executives from across the automotive and technology sectors, enterprises from a range of industries, government leaders and regulatory officials, local dignitaries, global media and analysts, and car and technology enthusiasts.
“As we enter our 90th edition, GIMS has cemented its position as one of the world’s largest and most influential automotive industry events in the annual calendar”, commented Olivier Rihs, Managing Director, Geneva International Motor Show. “Building on this strong heritage, we are excited to launch the VIP Day program at GIMS 2020, where thought leaders and luminaries will explore the most critical topics driving automotive tech, now and into the future. We are establishing GIMS as the premier platform where the automotive and technology industries gather to do business”.
Providing Critical Insights
At the heart of GIMS VIP Day is a series of insightful and engaging discussions featuring preeminent automotive and technology executives alongside dynamic personalities in mobility. The first confirmed speakers for VIP Day include:
- Alejandro Agag, Founder and CEO, Extreme E and Chairman, Formula E
- Roger Atkins, Founder and Managing Director, Electric Vehicles Outlook
- Sébastien Buemi, Formula E Driver, Nissan E.Dams
- Rajeev Chand, Partner and Head of Research, Wing Capital
- Shaun Collins, Founder and CEO, CCS Insight
- Simona De Silvestro, Test and Development Driver, TAG Heuer Porsche Formula E Team
- Neel Jani, Formula E Driver, TAG Heuer Porsche Formula E Team
- John Krafcik, CEO, Waymo
- William Li, Founder, Chairman and CEO, NIO
- Nico Müller, Formula E Driver, Geox Dragon
- Marco Parroni, Head of Global Sponsoring, Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.
- Michael Perschke, CEO, Automobili Pininfarina
- Mate Rimac, Founder and CEO, Rimac Automobili
- Claire Ritchie-Tomkins, Founder and CEO, Sine Qua Non
- Nico Rosberg, Green Tech and Mobility Entrepreneur and 2016 Formula One World Champion
- Jean-Éric Vergne, Two-time Formula E World Champion, DS Techeetah
The VIP Day agenda comprises a full day of sessions focusing on:
- new developments in the autonomous vehicle revolution;
- the growth of electric vehicles and the role of the automotive industry in global sustainability;
- how to deliver the cutting-edge technologies and performance from motorsport to consumers;
- and the impact of digital transformation and innovative technologies in the automotive world.
In addition to the keynote program, VIP Day participants will have the exclusive opportunity to see the many world and European premieres that will be presented on the GIMS Media Day on 3 March. The official media partner of the GIMS VIP Day is the Blick Group wird mit “Blick”. For further details on VIP Day, including the agenda and speakers, visit the website.
Ticketing for the 2020 GIMS VIP Day is now open on the GIMS website and the new GIMS mobile app, as well as through partner Ticketmaster. Attendees can purchase VIP Day passes at the special “early bird” rate of CHF 200.- through January 31, 2020 and then at the regular rate of CHF 250 from February 1. Registered media and analysts will have access to VIP Day as part of their accreditation. For more information on ticketing, download the official GIMS mobile app on the App Store or Google Play Store or visit our website. The official media partner of the GIMS VIP Day is the Blick Group wird mit “Blick”.